Director, Commercial Underwriting
Western Financial Group Insurance Solutions specializes in sales, underwriting, claims, placement and servicing of Commercial Insurance and Employee Benefits products across Canada.
We are looking for a Director of Underwriting to lead our Underwriting team.
The Underwriting Department works closely with our internal Sales, Risk Management and Claims departments, and is responsible for gathering and assessing appropriate risk information, in order to determine the eligibility of risk, rating, and coverages. The Director of Underwriting will develop, and guide the Underwriting team, foster and maintain strong external relationships with existing insurers, and develop relationships with new Insurer Partners. This position will be responsible for the development of new products, creating and maintaining efficient work flows. Implementing tactical plans and participating in strategic planning.
What we are looking for:
Success in this role requires the ability to deliver excellence in tracking and sharing market trends with internal partners and providing guidance in Underwriting practices. In addition to ensuring collaborative relationships with Insurer partners, the Director of Underwriting, will possess the ability to deliver results in difficult situations and provide mentorship the underwriting team, ensuring a creative and positive work environment.
What We Offer You:
- Vibrant, collaborative team environment
- Competitive compensation package
- Extended health and dental benefits, 50% premium paid
- Four weeks’ vacation plus paid personal days
- Company-matched investment and saving programs
What You Offer Us:
- 5+ years’ experience in a people management role
- Minimum 5 years underwriting experience at an intermediate or senior level
- Ability to motivate, mentor and coach
- Superior communication and negotiation skills
- CAIB or CIP designation
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business studies; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
To apply for this opportunity, forward your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org