This program provides coverage for all full-time students registered in the participating School Divisions, while:
- In school buildings or on premises by reason of attending classes on any regular school day;
- In attendance at or participating in any school activity approved and supervised by a proper school authority, whether at school or elsewhere;
- Traveling directly to or from any regularly scheduled and approved school activity under the direction or supervision of a proper school authority;
- Traveling directly to or from their residence and school for the purpose of attending classes or participating in any school sponsored activity;
- Participating in physical activities taking place as part of the grades 9 to 12 Physical Education Curriculum as approved by proper school authority;
- Engaged in the performance of the duties assigned to the Insured Person while he/she is participating in a school approved work experience program.
Aggregate Limit of Indemnity: $1,000,000 any one accident.
Underwritten by: Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc.
Term of coverage: September 1, 2018 to September 1, 2019
*Coverage is provided subject to the Terms and Conditions of master Policy number 100005613 on file with The Manitoba School Boards Association.
THIS COVERAGE COMPLIMENTS (NOT REPLACES) THE VOLUNTARY STUDENT ACCIDENT INSURANCE COVERAGE, AND IS EXCESS OF BENEFITS PROVIDED BY MANITOBA HEALTH AND EXCESS OF BENEFITS AVAILABLE TO THE STUDENT
|Loss of Life – Accident Only||$20,000 per Student|
|Dismemberment or Total and Permanent Loss of Use – Accident Only||Various up to $40,000 per Student|
|Accidental Medical Reimbursement Benefit (“AMRB”)||$10,000 Maximum per Student per Accident|
|Registered Nurse – Accident Only||Covered as part of AMRB|
|Hospital Charges – Accident Only||Covered as part of AMRB|
|Wheelchair Rental – Accident Only||Covered as part of AMRB|
|Prescription Drugs – Accident Only||Covered as part of AMRB|
|Ambulance – Accident or Sickness||Maximum $2,000 per Student per Incident|
|Emergency Transportation other than Ambulance – Injury or Sickness||$50 per Incident|
|Dental Expense – Accident Only||$2,500 per Student within 5 years|
|Eyeglasses and Contact Lenses – in conjunction with bodily injury arising out of accident||Per Student: New $300 Replacement $200|